Employee Spotlight Series:
Aria Lee, Southeast Regional Operations & Customer Success Manager
PatientPing was born out of the realization that patients get better care when their providers work together. What started as an idea at a kitchen table near Fenway Park has since evolved into a network of thousands of providers across the country coordinating care. Five years since starting, our team of 100+ employees comes together every day in our Boston headquarters with the singular goal of connecting providers to seamlessly coordinate patient care. Our values–grit, rigor, ownership, authenticity and humility–unite us to persevere through the difficult and gratifying journey of improving healthcare for all.
Welcome back to the PatientPing Employee Spotlight Series! We sat down with Aria Lee, our Southeast regional operations & customer success manager, who works to ensure that customers throughout Florida, Georgia, and the Carolinas meet their desired care coordination objectives. Aria has been with PatientPing for 10 months and is one of our remote employees, working from her at-home office in Atlanta. Aria focuses on cultivating strong customer relationships and building out the ever-growing Southeast community.
- How did you find out about your role and what made you want to join the PatientPing team? I found out about this role on LinkedIn! Before PatientPing, I was in healthcare consulting and traveled constantly–I was on the road Monday through Thursday every single week. Although I wasn’t actively looking for a new role, I knew that the weekly travel demands wouldn’t be sustainable for much longer. I was casually surfing LinkedIn one day and noticed that a former consulting colleague had joined a healthcare venture firm. One click led to another, and I landed on the open PatientPing position. The rest was history!
In consulting, you advise on lots of things, but never truly own anything because you’re always off to the next client assignment after a few months. I knew that the PatientPing opening was the job for me because I’d be able to apply the consultative and customer relationship management skills I had gained in my previous role while really creating and owning the strategy for a set of markets at a growing healthcare technology company. Not to mention, PatientPing’s open work from home policy, after over four years of being on the road, was a huge plus!
- What does your typical day look like? I’m an early bird; my colleagues often joke about my 6AM emails. I start the day/week by scanning; scanning my calendar, scanning various reports to monitor customer health, and scanning the industry for relevant news. Much of my day is dedicated to customer activities including onboarding meetings, trainings, and business reviews. I also liaise with other teams, such as growth and product, to advance the game plan for the Southeast market. The rest of my time is dedicated to the development of my team.
- What’s it like to be a remote PatientPing employee? How do you stay connected with the team?By and large, what you put in is what you get out. Although I am not in Boston to hear the daily office “buzz,” I am intentional about remaining present on Slack and connecting with Boston colleagues via standing one-on-one calls. Video meetings also help. During my bi-monthly Boston office visits, I pack my calendar with coffee meetings and lunches to connect in-person. It’s also important to stay connected to other remote employees so I don’t feel like I’m working on an island. I frequently have what we call “Walk and Talks”, where I will call other home-based teammates to discuss topics both professional and personal, while also getting some fresh air outside of my home office!To maintain face time with my direct report, who is also a remote employee, we have committed to co-working three days per month, either in Atlanta where I’m based or in Charlotte where she is located.
- What do you like most about your role? I love having the ability to interface with customers on a daily basis. It’s always exciting to see as customers develop creative workflows around PatientPing, and rewarding to see the value that their organizations get out of our solutions and team members.
- What do you do in your free time? I was born and raised in Atlanta, so you can catch me at any type of sporting event. I’m addicted to fitness bootcamps and Pure Barre. My husband and I recently purchased a new home, so I am also practicing my budding interior design skills to furnish it!
- Tell us something most people don’t know about you.I’m learning to play golf! My parents and husband are really into golf, and I’d love to be able to play with them. I recently signed up with Black Girls Golf, an organization here in Atlanta, for what will be my third set of golf lessons. I am determined!